Saturday, 20 August 2011

Bury Abbey Ruins & An Old Friend

Adam and I were delighted to have our first visitor!

Valerie Vigoroux, a friend who I met in Buffalo when we were just kids, came to see us before she moves from London to India for the next few years. It is true that I am sad to see her go considering we just landed in the same country for the first time in years (she is originally from Paris), but we are happy for her and look forward to seeing her and her husband in a few weeks for their going away party in London.

Valerie & Jaclyn (in front of the Nutshell)

Valerie & Adam at Cathedral Cafe


Valerie took the train to our town from London (it took about an hour and a half, and she traveled via Cambridge) where we picked her up, gave her a tour of our house, and continued on to have a great lunch at a pub in Icklingham and then explore Bury St. Edmunds. It was on this trip I was able to get some pictures of the Abbey ruins.

Enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment